23.3.12

Cordwood Log Peeling















I took the day off yesterday to celebrate my birthday and have some fun. Met some great locals, was given some locally grown foods, and the waitress sang me Happy Birthday! where I took myself out for lunch.


Today, I got right back in the saddle and set up for log peeling!


The draw-knife is the main tool, and the first log went much more smoothly than I thought it would. After reading "Cordwood: State of the Art," I was expecting an all out battle, and I can respect after thirty years of building Cordwood houses, that Rob Roy would certainly be going a little mad, but I found it much smoother than what I was lead to believe. Perhaps that is good strategy on behalf of our guru of cordwood - thank you Rob!

 

I also made a little demo video: 


I was kept well entertained today with Odin & MacKenzie. The snow is very deep, but the hot sun has us all falling through in surprise deep patches. I've been walking along numerous times and have fallen in up to my waste. The pups have a heck of a time to, especially without the advantage of Sorels(!) 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback, comments, and input :)