15.3.12

Kootenay Ride Share


Yesterday launched me into a new round of exploration into the BC interior, and though I have made the trip over a dozen times, this time, I put out a listing on the Kootenay Ride Share to help along with the cost of gas. I met B, a young Vancouver native, ex-rock-and-roller, livin' it to the max, who, coincidentally, is also interesting in natural building methods.

B was in the Edmonton area staying on with his aunt testing out his ability at survival shelters. The man is full of funny stories and good humour, and while constructing his string-and-bow fire tools had hit his thumb with the axe. To extend the situation, he quickly discovered he had locked himself out of the house while his aunt was at work(!) 

Being a survivalist at heart he devised a way to use snow to assist with the bleeding, and eventually got the wound dressed. During the several hour long car trip we covered a lot of ground conversationally: natural building, ethical diet, libertarianism, education, work & wages, girlfriends & psychology, and had a great time.

I will definitely be using the Kootenay Ride Share again, as I believe I've made a friend for life. B & I have way too many pursuits in common that I'm sure our paths will cross again, and that we will be able to assist each other further. Thank you B! and Thank You Kootenay Ride Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback, comments, and input :)